Saturday, August 27, 2016

Blessings

{judy} It's certainly an Autumn feel to the air where I live. Some of the trees were a combination of red, green and gold yesterday. I was surprised, because it has seemed to come on so quickly. From 100 last week to 73 yesterday! But I welcome it, as does this little fox!
Isn't he cute? To begin my card, I dry embossed the back panel with a forest embossing folder from Stampin' Up! On the main panel, I used a technique called Reverse Masking, and sponged in a circle of blues, followed by clouds with darker edges, using a handcut cloud stencil I have had forever.  I stamped the foliage along the bottom to "ground" my circle.

The little fox is made with a punch (Fox Builder Punch) and one little face stamp from Foxy Friends. I sat him on a stamped and fussy cut stump, and tilted his head to show his fun personality. All images are by Stampin' Up!
Everything is held together with my go-to adhesive -- 1/4" Scor-Tape.


I love the shimmer and look of organza on just about everything. It adds an ethereal look to my forest card here, while being transparent enough to still see what it behind the ribbon. You can see an amazing variety of beautiful colors in the RRR Store HERE. I tied on a little "Blessings" charm I had, using Natural Burlap String and added two brown Mulberry Leaves (Wild Orchid) to pull the forest theme back in.

So I am wishing you Autumn Blessings today and hope that your weekend is as wonderful as this little fox is cute! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments :

  1. Adorable. Love the little fox and especially the bow with the charm. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Love the little fox and especially the bow with the charm. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say