Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fun Father's Day Card for Dad


For our June Blog Hop, please click HERE.

Hello there everyone.  This is Bonnie with a fun fishing themed card for Dad using some fun and 'manly' trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I found this great fishing design paper at Hobby Lobby (from the Paper Studio) and I grabbed it since my hubby is an avid fisherman.  I fussy cut it a little so I could keep that great green lure centered near the bottom of the card.


I didn't have a Father's Day sentiment and I didn't want to buy one since I knew it wouldn't get a lot of use, so I made one using my PSE program.  I used two fonts;  Showcard Gothic and MV Boli.  I think it came out pretty good seeing as I have no idea what I'm doing.....

I cut the sentiment out with an oval die and layered it on some green and red cardstock.  I ran a piece of Champagne Netting around the upper portion of the card and placed the sentiment on top of it.  I thought it looked a little bit like fishing net, right?


Here is the inside of the card.  I created this also using the same fonts.


I wanted to add one more trim and I thought some fun knotting with Natural Jute String was the perfect accent.  I did a little research on knots and this is called a Fisherman's Knot.  Very appropriate, no?
Knotted roping is a great accent for a masculine card.  Do a little web search and you find instructions on a whole slew of different decorative knots.


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope I gave you a little inspiration for incorporating some fun trims in your next masculine card.

~ Bonnie ~

2 comments :

  1. Bonnie this turned out wonderful I really love that font and the paper is perfect I think he will love this card have a Happy Father's Day weekend to your family!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say