Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Recycling my scraps!


Happy Tuesday crafty friends!  It's Tammy Louise today and I've been on a new kick this month.  I can't get enough of the little extras you can add to a card that are subtle and non distracting from the stamped images.  Today I've made a clean and simple card with the beautiful Delicate stitched Satin Pearl pink ribbons and the August Ribbon of the Month Club "Jennifer"  lace .  


The image by Darcy's Diary was pencil colored in monotones with a touch of reds and some gold.  I'm a big on recycling and using every little piece of extra paper, ribbon, buttons and embellishments.  Once a year, I organize and make projects from my scrap box including today's project.  I used Bakers twine inside the buttons and a Prima key shaped paper clip for extra's.  Keeping it as simple as possible.  I'm increasing my stash of cards to send to candy winners and some of my favorite lady friends.  (wink)


A little tip of the day with this ribbon, sometimes I can place ribbons and bows precisely where they belong and they stay perfectly!  However, sometimes, they want to lay crooked and off a bit, this is when I grab a silicone double sided dot and place it under the bow loops so they will lay straight and not distract from the point of interest.


More information regarding this project can be found on my blog (as well as some Candy!)I've been visiting the blogs entered in the current Really Reasonable Challenge blog and I have to say hoora! Ladies!  The inspiration projects have been stunning for the Pink and Brown challenge this time!  Keep 'em coming, I'm loving it!  And best of luck!
Hugs,
 

2 comments :

  1. What a lovely way to used up scraps and such a sweet image. Great idea about keeping your ribbon in place. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Tammy and how good of you to be using up your scraps. I'm good at making scraps, but not so good at using them!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say