Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mini Folded Book Tutorial

I've sent my sweetie and my little guy off to scout summer camp this week...and I miss them terribly. This year I tucked a sweet little  folded paper mini book into D.H.'s duffle bag so he'll know I'm thinking about him while he's gone. It's got tiny tags tucked into the pockets to add sweet nothings. Best off all...it started out as a 1 sheet wonder.  I did add a fair bit of details....not so easy in a masculine book It was a great way to use up some bits from the scrap and salvage box : )
Here is a preview of the folded book....
Here is the inside with the pockets.... don't worry...I've written all the mushy stuff on the backs of the tags lol.  I've added just a bit of  Seam Binding in Tobacco to 2 of the tags. If I had done all 3 it may have been too bulky. I used a thin width of brown trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon to tie this little book together. You will want to choose the color that coordinates with your paper selections.
Here is the back of book....I used some thin chipboard, die cuts, and stickers. Lot's of detail...but not too girlie. I should also mention that I've inked the folded edges heavily. 
Okay...so here is the super easy tutorial. I choose to use Scor-Tape for the adhesive....since it will be taking a beating squished in a bag of camping gear.

I think these would be a great way to give a gift card...or folded up cash...for a more personal gift. Or just a little something to let someone know you are thinking about them : )

I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative : ) Huggs Ginny

5 comments :

  1. This is wonderful. What a sweet thing to do for hubby. I hope they enjoy their camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice thing to do!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous guy mini!! Such a thoughtful gift!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say