Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ribbons, Ribbons, Ribbons....a Few of My Favorite Things!!



A big HELLO and Happy Weekend from Jacque and all of the Really Reasonable Ribbon Rambling Ladies!! We are so happy that you have dropped by to see what is happening here. It is always such a joy to see you drop by to see what lovelies Bonnie has in her magnificent shop, Really Reasonable Ribbon. If you have never visited, I can assure you that you will be dizzy trying to make decisions from her HUGE selection...My philosophy is buy it all because they are all so beautiful!!! And I can also share with you, that you will never have better customer service than you will receive at RRR. At this time of the year, the shop is filled with so many lovely holiday ribbons!

But today I wanted to show you a couple of my holiday cards from this week which use both holiday and non-holiday types of ribbon:


On this card I used 7/8" Old Willow Organza which ties so beautifully and certainly makes an elegant statement. Of course organzas are some of my very favorite stand-bys. She has them in so many gorgeous colors and 4 different widths. Truly a ribbon for every purpose!! HINT: To make my bow using the Bow-Easy Tool a bit more substantial and fuller, I wrap the ribbon around the tool twice before making the knot.


For this card I used a 1 1/2" Red Grosgrain to establish the base of the horizontal and added 7/8" Silver Grey Organza to match the DP and to accentuate the silver metal embellies.

As many of you know, I usually finish the insides of my cards and of course use the same lovely ribbons. If you would like to see some examples of the insides of my cards, you are invited to visit me at my blog.

We appreciate your dropping by today and we would like to remind you of our monthly Blog Hop which will be this coming Saturday, always the 13th of each month. We will be looking forward to your arrival!! Have a wonderful day and a delightful week!! Hugs!!!

4 comments :

  1. Jacque, your cards are so gorgeous!!! I don't know how you ever part with them to give to friends and family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are always just amazing. I know the RR ribbon is spectacular. I think you were the one that got me started awhile back.Love to find new treasures there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both just beautiful, Jacque!! I love the tip of the double bow for a fuller organza bow! Will be trying that very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say